This article explains how to test our cloud-based concurrent (floating) licensing system, prior to committing to a purchase. The purpose of this test is make certain that your Internet connection will be able to reach our license server.
- Download the HOMER Pro software to one of your organizational computers for test purposes. This should be a computer that will be part of the concurrent licensing. To download the software, please visit our website.
- Place the concurrent test license file that you received from your sales representative into directory Documents/HOMER Energy/License.
- If you have an existing license file in that location (“.lic”), remove it for the duration of the test, and place it in an easy to remember location, such as your Desktop.
- Open up the HOMER Pro software. Go to Help--->License.
- Check and confirm that the HOMER Pro concurrent test .lic is being read and is showing in the "Manage HOMER License" screen.
- Exit HOMER Pro. Remove and discard the test license. If you had another license file prior to the test, return it to the licensing directory (Documents/HOMER Energy/Licenses) so that you may continue to use HOMER until your concurrent license has been delivered.